Friday, June 12, 2009

Shalom from Herzliyyah














Ladies and Gentlemen,

I realize that I have been far from diligent with my updating of this blog. Over the course of my Israel trip, I have slept very little, and have had even less internet access. Birthright trips aren't about sleeping, or staying savvy to contemporary issues. The point of the trip is to remove yourself from the familiar world and to become enamored with Israel, the land, it's people, etc.

I had too many experiences over the course of the last 10 days to recount each one. I saw so much of this country, from the Golan Heights to Eilat, from S'fat to Arad. We were in the mountains, and the desert. I swam in 3 different seas, and rode a camel. I saw the sunrise on top of Mossada. An incredible journey.

Well the trip is over, and now I'm free. I find myself in the home of our friend Tomer, an Israeli soldier who accompanied us on the bus. He offered Jonah Seligman and I a place to sleep for the night before we head out to Jerusalem tomorrow. By tomorrow I, however, basically mean Sunday since no buses run between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem on Shabbat.

My internship with ANERA begins on Monday. I spoke to my boss, Robert Crothers, this morning, and he said they already have a giant pile of work for me on my desk. My response was "I have a desk?" I found it exciting to have a desk in an office. It's a big step for me. I can't wait to get to work on that pile.

Until next time,
Steve

p.s. I love you too, Mom and Dad.




No comments:

Post a Comment